Our Mission Statement and Statement of Philosophy reflect our school's ethos and values.
At Willaston CE Primary School we are committed to providing quality learning in a positive, happy Christian atmosphere where everyone within the school community is valued as an individual. We have high expectations of all and strive to provide a safe, challenging, exciting and stimulating environment.
Statement of Philosophy
We aim at all times;
- To ensure that all learners benefit from a rich, broad, balanced curriculum presented in an interesting, exciting and imaginative manner with opportunities for first hand experience, practical work, investigation and learning through play.
- To promote and achieve the highest standards in all aspects of the curriculum by encouraging children to develop to their full potential in a disciplined, caring and happy environment.
- To nurture the intellectual, creative, moral, spiritual, emotional and physical development of all children.
- To encourage learning by providing an inclusive, welcoming, friendly and supportive environment in which Christian and caring values are central to the ethos of the school, ensuring all members of the community feel valued and secure.
- To promote equality of opportunity for all. To value diversity and encourage responsibility, self confidence and raise self esteem in all aspects of school life.
- To value and encourage links between school, home and the wider village community.
- To enliven and enrich the curriculum by visits, visitors, and extensive use of the indoor and outdoor environment.
- To incorporate new technologies to support and enrich the curriculum.
- To make this school a place of enjoyment where success is celebrated.
To ensure that all learners at Willaston CE Primary School benefit from a rich, broad, balanced curriculum (click on link to view full curriculum) we ensure it is presented in an interesting, exciting and imaginative manner with opportunities for first hand experience, practical work, investigation and learning through play.
Phonics is taught using ‘Letters and Sounds’. We use a wide range of texts to teach reading, rather than one specific scheme.
We teach the National Curriculum for all subjects which can be found following the link.
We are an inclusive school and support all children to reach their potential. The Local Offer for children with Special Educational Needs may be viewed by clicking on the link. In our school, we offer support for all children with Special Educational Needs and their families. Our SEN Policy and Inclusion Policy can be viewed in the policies section of the website. More information regarding SEN admissions can be found by following the link to the Local Authority Admissions Team.
School SEN Information Report.pdf
It is important to us that our school is a place of enjoyment where success is celebrated.
Please call us for a chat should you require any further information, or wish to discuss any item in more detail. 0151 338 2421. Should you require a paper copy of any of the documents featured on our website, please request a copy from the school office.
Who to speak to?
General Enquiries - Mrs Smith or Mrs Groves
School Admissions or Accounts - Mrs Amos or Mrs Taylor
Headteacher - Mrs Chambers
Site Maintenance - Mr B Doran
We look forward to receiving your call.